Applications Developer (Pensions)
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
Contact: Tim Wearing at 07792 824272 or apply directly using the form
quoting Job Reference No. 2567
This new Applications Developer role has been created within an Agile team. The platform is being built using the latest tech and you can be part of it. Our latest client prides themselves on culture, development and being a thoroughly great bunch of people! The primary focus of the role is going to be building and owning calculation automation software.
The working environment is relaxed and positive, and you will be surrounded by people who are easy to talk to, open to new ideas, love learning and are always looking for ways to support each other’s development.
What tech will I need?
- 2 years’+ with the use of SQL
- 3 years’ + building complex applications
- A love for problems solving, mathematical or code wise
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Ideally you will be familiar with pension systems like Chrysalis / DC Pensions, PenScope or DAart – advantageous but not essential
What will I be doing?
- Create real software from the start with an award-winning code base
- Calculation design in line with business requirements
- Programming within the pension systems
- Unit testing deployment
- SQL development
- Pension Calculation regression testing
- Collaborating with team members on ‘best practice’ problem solving and applications design
- Building and owning calculation automation software
Opportunity to work on and learn
- Large-scale web application development
- Work within highly skilled technical Scrum teams
- Web application security
- Learn and develop skills in the latest tech stack from highly skilled Seniors and Principles
Who will I be working with?
- A brand-new team of skilled individuals with a wide mixture of experience including professional testers
- A motivated, problem solving team
- Like-minded tech orientated people who love to learn
What’s the package?
- Competitive salary up to £60k
- Strong pension scheme (probably written by yourself)!
- Life insurance
- Private Healthcare
- Wellbeing support (including counselling services)
- Socials including running, bowling, cinema trips and parties
What are your thoughts?
These guys are keen to meet passionate developers, so if you think this role has potential for you then apply here or get in touch with Tim Wearing.