Network Infrastructure Engineer
Reference Number: 6043
Consultant: Dan Liban
£45,000 to £55,000
This vacancy is to join one of the country’s most successful cloud and managed services providers supporting an impressive portfolio of clients across multiple industries. We are looking specifically for a Network Support engineer to provide level 3 escalation support, diagnosis and resolution of network infrastructure incidents.
You should have a broad technical skillset and be excited about new technologies that can provide effective solutions to escalated technical issues, whilst providing a high level of networking expertise to the business.
You’ll be working with:
- LAN and WLAN technologies (Extreme, Cisco, Fortinet)
- Firewall services (Fortinet, Cisco)
Day to day you’ll be:
- Delivering Technical support and configuration for entire Cisco switching, routers, Fortigate firewall products, Extreme switch, and wireless solutions including all NAC to meet business goals.
- Supporting, configuring and troubleshooting complex enterprise level network infrastructure
- Acting as the escalation point for all complex and high priority customer incidents related to data centre and infrastructure services
- Supporting all core technologies including LAN, WLAN, VMware, SAN storage, authentication and identity services
- Performing system analysis and integration with authentication and identity services
- Utilising proprietary and industry standard tools and technologies to monitor, isolate and interpret related network traffic and faults – e.g., WireShark, Vendor analytics and similar tooling.
- Providing engineering support, advice, and consultation to other team members
- Providing onsite and remote support as needed
- Collaborating with partners, technical teams and customers to resolve issues
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues and providing appropriate resolutions and route cause analysis in alignment with SLA’s
- Mentoring and training more junior engineers
- Providing problem management resolution on both software and hardware related issues
- Supporting service request and small change management for supported platforms
- Remote working and flexible hours (Client site visits)
- 25 days (+Bank Holidays)
- Car allowance
- Health Cash plan
- On-call bonus
- Death in service
- Training/Certifications funded and more…
Interviews are being scheduled immediately with a quick process turnaround over Teams, so if you’re an looking for the opportunity to join a highly successful, growing and driven organisation that will give you the exposure you need to a multitude of modern technologies, then please apply with your CV.
Job Reference: BH-6043
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits
Salary From: £45000
Salary To: £55000
Job Industries: Tech & Digital
Job Locations: Manchester
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Networking