Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Job Reference Number: 5120
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000
VMware, Networking, Backups, Storage, Cloud
This is an opportunity to join an ambitious and well-established tech business just south of Manchester. You’ll be responsible for managing hosting infrastructure, platforms and direct reports where you’ll have full ownership of the development, support and expansion of the company’s VMWare cloud platform.
You will be managing the ongoing design, deployment, maintenance and support of critical internal infrastructure services such as internal and external networks & VMWare based private and shared cloud hosting platforms
You’ll be working with:
- VMware extensively
- Backups & Storage
- Networking (IP Transit networks, BGP, RIPE, hardware etc)
Day to day you’ll be:
- Liaising with clients to provide consultancy & last line support to company provided private and shared VMWare cloud platforms
- Taking full ownership of the development, support and expansion of the company’s VMWare cloud platform
- Responsible for the successful operation, maintenance and support of the company’s data centre client facing network, utilising 3rd party specialists & in place consultants where necessary.
- Doing the allocation of IP Addressing, VPN configuration, internal switch, router and firewall management
- An escalation point for critical technical service issues on infrastructure platforms serving the company and its clients
- Working with the company’s data centre operations team to develop, maintain and monitor critical aspects of the data centre through the development of the site(s) BMS systems.
- Working closely with the wider management team to identify internal & external infrastructure requirements and deliver on key organisational projects
- Working in line with company accreditation requirements as part of the ISSC team and educating team members to the working standards required to maintain accreditations effectively
- Working with the management team to consistently improve overall service to customers and internal business units
- Identify and suggest product and service improvements wherever possible
- Attending relevant training courses in order to make most effective use of and train direct reports in business and customer technology services
We’d like to you to have:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) & Data Centre Virtualisation
- 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays (increased with service)
- Excellent matched pension contribution
- Private Medical
- 4 x Life Insurance
- Paid charity day
- Salary sacrifice available on Electric Vehicles
- Internal training programmes & more
About the business:
They’re a well-established, solutions provider with recent investment to drive the growth of the business and their service offering.
Interviews are being scheduled immediately with a quick process turnaround.
If you’re an experienced infrastructure engineer looking to take that next step and join an ambitious tech company with the investment to make a direct impact on their technical environment, then please apply with your CV.
Infrastructure Engineer | Infrastructure Specialist | Consultant | VMware Engineer |Systems Engineer| Virtualisation Engineer | Solutions Engineer | Head of Infrastructure
Job Reference: BH-5120
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays (increased with service), Excellent matched pension contribution, Private Medical, 4 x Life Insurance, Paid charity day, Training & more
Salary From: £50000
Salary To: £60000
Job Industries: Tech & Digital
Job Locations: Manchester
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Backups & Storage, Infrastructure, Networking, VMware