1st Line Support Technician
Job Reference Number: 3204
Recruitment Consultant: Adam Bennetta
Salary: up to £20,000 – £24,000
A well-established rapidly growing Lancashire based MSP is looking for several Support Roles including 1st line support IT Technician.
Our Client has a relaxed inclusive culture where they try to look after customers, hence want individuals that will strive to understand customers problems, look to reassuring customers that their issues will be resolved quickly & efficiently and candidates that have the inner strength to deal with challenging situations whilst remaining calm.
For the right candidate, the client are happy to provide full training and a funded qualification path to support career progression.
Our client is looking for someone who can demonstrate strong customer services skills who wants to break into the IT industry with a fast-moving, growing IT MSP company.
The Job Role:
- Receive, manage and record IT help desk requests received either by telephone, email or internally raised.
- Deal with and resolve helpdesk requests e.g. creation of new users, Active Directory management, e-mail account creation, backup maintenance, server checks, general IT troubleshooting.
- Create, monitor, respond and manage support tickets of company/user/activity on an incident management system.
- Basic installation, configuration and support of IT equipment (PC, server, laptops, printers etc).
- Analysis/ repair/build of new or faulty IT equipment.
- Support (fault resolution). This may include basic user training e.g. in how to use IT equipment or software.
- Work as a team member, providing support to colleagues as and when required.
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post.
**This job description reflects the current requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, this will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the post-holder. **
- 12months+ previous helpdesk experience ideally within an MSP environment
- Confident on the Telephone
- Highly organised
- Able to build a rapport with customers
- Able to adapt to different situations
- Inner Strength so as not to be affected by any irate customers
You will not be expected to have knowledge of the following, but it would be advantageous if you did.
- Hardware Virtualisation – VMWare virtualisation software?
- Client Operating Systems – Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 7 to Windows 10)
- Server Operating Systems – Microsoft Server 2003 to Server 2019 including Small business variants (2003, 2008, 2011)
- Applications – MS office suites
Job Reference: BH-3204
Salary: £20000 - £24000 per annum
Salary From: £20000
Salary To: £24000
Job Industries: Tech & Digital
Job Locations: Lancashire
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: IT