Junior WordPress Developer
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Junior Front End Developer (WordPress)
I am working with a tech focused agency based in central Manchester founded by two very well known tech investors. Due to their continued growth they are now looking to bring in a junior WordPress developer to join a small but highly successful tech team.
This agency has built an impressive client base by producing pixel perfect responsive designs globally mainly but not totally on WordPress. The idea is that the junior front end WordPress developer will spend time working alongside a more senior team members to bring you up to a high standard within 12 months so the team can be built around you. The founders want this hire to feel ‘bought in’ to the business and share their passion and ambition.
Ideally you’ll have had some exposure to WordPress as well as standard front end development skills.
- CSS / Sass (SCSS)
- WordPress – ideally creating custom themes
Skillset: Desired (Any of these skills would be great but NOT essential!)
- PHP 5/7
- JS frameworks – React.js, Vue.js
- CMS – WordPress, Shopify
- WordPress REST API, using Vue/React to serve the data
- Experience in interacting with JSON, REST APIs
- Comfortable with a Git based workflow
- Development is an absolute passion
- Invests time in learning development outside of working hours
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a small agency
- Excited about emerging front end technologies
- A self-starter, keen to progress quickly
- Not afraid to share ideas and insights
- Enjoys face paced working environments
- Enjoys overcoming challenges, whether that’s figuring out the best development route to take, bug fixing etc.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to use initiative and work to a tight deadline when required
- Writes organised code
Not looking for:
- A developer who cuts corners
- Doesn’t grasp development fundamentals
- Has built a career around using CMS themes and plugins