Front End Developer
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 per annum + Industry leading
Contact: Jonathan Moran at 01618261120 or apply directly using the form
quoting Job Reference No. 1004
I am working with a South Manchester based tech business that prides itself on being a creative and collaborative employer. They have an outstanding reputation for delivering cutting edge solutions across the globe using Agile techniques to deliver groundbreaking applications. Whilst this business is large they pride themselves on running the tech/software development teams in small focused groups that own and deliver individual projects within the group.
They want to foster a culture of innovation and openly encourage front end developers to be inquisitive and care about building the right thing as well as building the thing right. The business pull out all the stops to make sure you’re in the best frame of mind and properly prepared to write code, this includes a full, structured career development program where seminars, courses and hackathons are paid for and smaller perks like a subsidized staff meals, health, and life insurance and flexible working.
- Proven ability of working with the latest releases of HTML and CSS
- Proven ability of using CSS pre-processors such as Sass or Less
- Proven ability of dealing with cross-browser compatibility issues to produce websites that function equally well in any modern supported browser
- Proven ability of working with RESTful API’s
- Experience of working with Git and Git repository management systems such as GitLab
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
Day to day:
- To be involved in the development of web solution for providing vehicle checks.
- Driving the product forward through relevant UI enhancements
- To work proactively with the team to instil quality into our products and practices
- To embed modern front end approaches as a part of a whole-team responsibility for quality
- To communicate and collaborate effectively in an Agile environment
- Be proficient in using front-end testing tools such as Cucumber
- Full stack development experience.
- Aware of Accessibility standards.
- Training and development
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from local train and bus station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child care vouchers
- Start with 25 days’ holiday
- Life and Health Insurance
- Award-nominated learning programme
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression
This is a great opportunity to join a leading, global tech company that offers excellent career progression and genuinely cares about all their developers’ health and wellbeing.